Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Judging from the Bench

What has happened to our country?

I grew up in Minnesota until the mid-1980s, and I posted on another Social Media platform that I was embarrassed by how Minnesota went from Minnesota Nice to Minnesota Ain't So Nice. There was no civility; they were blowing whistles at people just to warn someone they'd never met that the authorities were in the area and to get out. And I was getting kinda tired of hearing that I was a Fascist Nazi because I didn't share their beliefs. The very people that I used to call "friends" became someone that I didn't want to associate with. I unfriended some and then just completely deactivated my account. I was done!

Now, I read in the news that another judge is governing from the bench. This is ridiculous. It is not the job of a trial court to dictate any policy, left or right, from the bench. For some reason, this judge decided to throw out all confessions for a captured 9/11 plotter because the confession, obtained in 2007, wasn't valid and was coerced. Huh?

I'm not sure what evidence he pulled this from, and it is not for me to "judge", but what?

Now, I'm reading about a person that holds a public office told a group of people to put Humanity above this group's Safety? What is with people? What ever happened to common sense?

I know there was a time where our politicians would argue during the day and go out for drinks after. Not any more. The deviciveness that is out there won't even allow for family members to talk because people on one side think that their "kind" should be steadfast. I don't get it.

When did breaking the law become okay? Look at SF where anyone can basically shoplift whatever they want? Immigration being such a hot topic? If they broke the US law to get in, why should they be allowed to stay? I don't get santuary cities at all. 

I guess that Rodney King has it right when he said, ",,,can we all get along? Can we get along?"

And, for goodness sake, stop with the idological BS and just do your job! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging from the Bench

What has happened to our country? I grew up in Minnesota until the mid-1980s, and I posted on another Social Media platform that I was embar...