Over a year ago, I was having breakfast meetings with a couple of guys that I was looking to join if the stars aligned.
After being ghosted for a couple of months, I figured that they had moved in another direction, but they didn't even bother to call me to let me know.
Then, a few months ago, I got a text from one of the guys asking how I was. Needless to say, it took me back a bit. I was cordial and responded that I was keeping busy, followed by a good to hear type of response the next day. Then, nothing.
Then, yesterday I received another text from the same guy asking if I was available Friday for "Breakfast." Seriously? I waited a bit and then responded, in a cordial manner again, that before I would confirm, I wanted to know the agenda and the expected result. I thought that was fair since they milked me for all that it was worth. They were trying to get business with the org that I just left, and they wanted to know what they could so that they could get an inside advantage.
His response was, "Sure, agenda is really we wanted to thank you for your help at XXX, catch up with you to see what you were doing, and to see if XXX can help you if we can. We have significantly grown our organization built around HC."
They just wanted to thank me and see what's up and what they can do for me. Um, how about that job we discussed over a year ago?
After over a year, 07/24/2025 to be exact, I get this request.
My response was, "No need to thank me! I'm also not sure what Smart Dog IT would do for me at this point, so I'll pass on breakfast for now. Appreciate you thinking of me. Good luck with the growth!"
After that, the next day, I got an "understand" and a "take care for now."
What's the old expression? "That's a fine how do you do."
Not that I expected something incredible to happen, but that's all that I got? Take care for now? I don't even know what that means.
I guess I'm back to square one. Only this time, I'm not holding my breath.
In the meantime...
Stay Old, Bold, and Bald. Not to mention a bit Grumpy too.

No comments:
Post a Comment